Some time ago I read, Blog Khadija of this march, which for the first year would be held in Libya. The event, sponsored by the UN World Food Programme and partners, was held May 21 at the same time last year in 170 countries. With regard Tripoli, Libyan memory, is the first time that an event like this sees the light of day. Although not sympathize with this sort of thing, it seemed only right, however, given the topic and given the news, going to see what it was.
trumpeted the news to the four winds of the expat I know, I found myself alone slab in what initially was to be the starting point of the event. The meeting place was the entrance of the Tripoli International Fair, which takes its place because only the splendor of a trade show, only to slip back in the most squalid anonymity in the rest of the year. The place, time fixed, souvenirs, for temperature and concentration of the population, the desert. I was thinking to dafarsi when paths that meter that would give more meaning to my morning, sitting on the steps of a service entrance of the fair, sat three women and one man, more specifically a woman from the western section, but wearing the 'hijab, two beautiful young girls and ladies from the Libyan side nice.
I took only 30 seconds to figure out that was just another crazy throughout Tripoli could have been there. Khadija Teri (short for Theresa) is an American woman who left her country many years ago and moved to Libya for the sake of Mustafa. For the moment, given my limited knowledge of the subject, I hope only temporary, I can only say that Khadija is a real Blogstar Libyan point of reference for the entire bogosfera the Jamahiriya and I am really glad to have met her.
Returning to the event, after an hour's chat with Teri, the demonstrators arrived, all young and almost all male, preceded by the cameramen not to know what television and the band playing Scottish and American tunes. The boys wore T-shirts to walk the world, waving colorful balloons and waving flags. The best commentary on the event you must, I think, to Mustafa: I do not see the flag of Palestine, and yet I know that they have a lot of hunger well.
0 comments:
Post a Comment